Data processing and responsibility
We attach great importance to the protection of your personal data and the respect of your privacy.
We handle personal data with care and comply with the applicable laws and regulations including the General Data Protection Regulation.
In any case we:
- Process your personal data in accordance with the purpose for which it was provided
- We limit the processing of these personal data to only those data that are minimally required for the purposes for which they are processed
- We ask for your permission if it is necessary for the processing of your personal data
- We have taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure the security of your personal data
- We do not transfer personal data to other parties, unless this is necessary for the purposes for which they were provided
- We are aware of your rights regarding your personal data, we confirm them and we respect them.
By processing we mean every operation we carry out on data, such as collecting, structuring, saving, storing, consulting, using, sending, deleting, archiving and destroying data.
We, as Ets. H.Symons bvba, are responsible for processing your personal data. If, after reading our privacy statement, you have questions on this matter or wish to contact us, you can do so via the following contact details:
Ets.H. Symons bvba
Telephone. : 015/62 17 30
What personal data do we process?
By personal data we mean any information regarding any identified or identifiable person.
The personal data we process are the personal data that you provide us, such as
personal identity data (e.g. last name, first name, address, phone number, e-mail address, copy identity card, National Insurance Number)
personal characteristics (e.g. gender, date of birth, place of birth, nationality, function)
We do not process ‘sensitive’ data concerning things including, but not limited to, race or ethnicity, political opinions, religious or philosophical convictions, your life and/or sexual orientation of your health. If it were necessary to process such data, we would only do so after having received your explicit permission and only for specific purposes that we would explain to you in advance, or if it were necessary to process it for the purposes of labour law, social security, preventive medicine or workplace medicine.
We only use the collected data for the purposes for which we have obtained the data.
For what purposes and on what base do we use the data you provide us?
We use the personal data that you provide us for various purposes such as:
- Within the framework of the employment relationship between employer and employee: the management and administration of staff for the application of social, fiscal and labour legislation
- Within the framework of the management of our customer / supplier relationship and the resulting services (e.g. the use of your telephone data to inform you about the completion of your order or to facilitate deliveries)
- For purposes that you have specifically agreed to (e.g. using your e-mail address if you have opted to receive information about our products electronically)
- To comply with mandatory legal or regulatory obligations we are required to meet
- When we have a legitimate interest in doing so
- Rendering the data pseudo anonymous, with no relation to your personal data, for commercial purposes
Transfer to third parties
We may provide the information that you give to us to third parties if this is necessary for the execution of the above described purposes.
We never pass on personal data to other parties with whom we have not entered into a processor agreement.
We do not transfer the data to third parties, unless this is legally required and permitted
We do not provide personal data to parties which are located outside the EU.
We ensure that any third party to whom we transfer your data processes it as we do, with the highest standard of security and with every necessary safeguard in place to protect it.
How do we protect your data and how long do we store it?
We take every technical and organisational measure needed to protect your personal data.
- All persons acting on behalf of Ets. H.Symons bvba who can take note of your data, are bound to confidentiality.
- We use a username and password policy on our systems
- Our employees have been informed about the importance of the protection of personal data.
Your data is stored for the time needed to process it for the purposes for which it was collected. This varies according to the purpose of its collection, for example:
- 10 years for accouting/tax documents
- 5 years for social documents
Sometimes this time period can be longer to comply with legal requirements or in the event of a dispute.
What are your rights?
With regard to the personal data we collect/you provide us you have the following rights:
- The right to access your personal data we process
You have the right to access all personal data concerning you. You have the right to receive confirmation as to whether your personal data is or is not being processed and to be informed of the purposes for which we process it, the type of data that is processed, the persons and entities who receive the data and how long your data is stored.
You also have the right to receive a copy of the personal data that you have provided and to send it or ask us to send it to another entity responsible for processing personal data.
- The right to correct/delete – the right to be forgotten
You have the right to ask for a correction of your data if you realise that it is inaccurate or incomplete. In certain cases you have the right to ask for your personal data to be deleted if it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected.
If you gave us permission to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw this permission at any time.
- The right to object to the processing of data for marketing purposes.
You have the right to object, without any justification, to the processing of your data for direct marketing or prospecting purposes
- The right to file a complaint with the oversight authority.
You may, if you choose, file a complaint concerning the processing of your data with the Data Protection Authority (formerly the Privacy Commission) at the following address :
Data Protection Authority, Rue de la Presse 35, 1000 Brussel
These rights scan be exercised by contacting us at the addresses mentioned in the section ‘Data Processing and Responsibility’.